Flat Zucchini Noodles with Parm
Here’s another guilt-free pasta recipe for you! You won’t need a spiral slicer for this one, simply use a regular veggie peeler – like the kind you would use to peel the skin from a potato – to create long, flat zucchini noodles. This recipe has a scrumptious, nutty flavor that will make you forget all about traditional noodles. Feel free to serve with some sliced chicken breast, sliced hard-boiled eggs or steak for added protein. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon almond flour
- 4 large zucchinis, peeled with a veggie peeler
- 2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more to taste)
- 1 Tablespoon minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat, about two minutes. Add the coconut oil, and once it’s melted, add the almond flour and a pinch of salt.
- Stir often with a wooden spoon, until it’s toasty brown, about two minutes. Remove crumbs from the pan and save for garnish.
- In the same skillet, add the peeled zucchini noodles. Sauté them until just tender, about one to two minutes. Turn heat to low.
- In a new pan on low heat, combine olive oil, garlic, and red pepper flakes, stirring with a spoon until fragrant, about 20 seconds.
- Transfer the zucchini noodles to garlic and oil mixture. Toss and stir until they’re coated.
- Turn off the heat and add parsley, salt, and black pepper. Sprinkle with almond flour crumbs before serving. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 165 calories, 12g fat, 72mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, and 6g protein
Performance & Fitness
3 Rounds for Time
20 Calorie Row or Bike
15 Hang Power Cleans 135/95
10 Toes to Bar or Hanging Knee Raises
10-15 Good Mornings *Light weight