Eggs & Sweet Potato Hash
1 large shredded (unbaked) sweet potato
6 whole eggs
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Add coconut oil in your skillet and turn on medium-low heat.
2. Once coconut oil is hot, add in shredded sweet potato. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, until they start to brown.
3. Add in the cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, sea salt and black pepper. Using a set of tongs, mix spices and sweet potato and cook for another minute.
4. Crack eggs on top of the sweet potato in the pan. Cover with lid and let it cook for about 3-4 minutes or until the eggs cook through.
5. Remove from heat and move the contents of the skillet to your plate.
6. And this serves one.
*Before you start cooking, shred the uncooked sweet potato. This is best done with a food processor. You can do it by hand, but that is not an effective use of your time.
John Welbourn is the creator/operator of CrossFit Football and Power Athlete. He is a 10 year NFL veteran. John was drafted with the 97th pick in 1999 NFL Draft. He went on to be a starter for the Philadelphia Eagles from 1999-2003, appearing in 3 NFC Championship games, and for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2004-2007. In 2008, he played with the New England Patriots until an injury ended his season early. Over the course of his career, John has started over 100 games and has 10 play-off appearances. He was a four year lettermen while playing football at the University of California at Berkeley. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Rhetoric in 1998. John also is owner of CrossFit Balboa, an S&C gym in Orange County, CA. CrossFit Balboa is one of a handful of Westside Barbell certified gyms in the world. In addition to training MLB, NFL and other professional and Olympic athletes, John travels the world lecturing on performance and nutrition. You can catch up with John as his personal blog on training, food and life, Talk To Me Johnnie.